2 cups soft tofu
pinch of turmeric
half tablespoon tamari sauce
1/4 cup chopped red pepper
half-one small onion
one grated carrot
2 teaspoons olive oil for the pan
1) Mash tofu with tamari and turmeric until mixed.
2) Heat oil over medium high.
3) Saute onion until translucent. Add red pepper and saute a minute more.
4) Add tofu mixture and keep heat at medium high. Let it sizzle, stirring occasionally, for five minutes, until the liquid is separated from the tofu.
5) Drain off the liquid--there should be a fair bit--and cook for another two minutes. Drain any more excess liquid.
6) At this point it should look like scrambled eggs. I prefer this to recipes that call for firm tofu because the texture of this mimics scrambled eggs. Serve.