Simple and Divine Roasted Tofu, Peppers and Eggplant
1 teaspoon garlic granules
1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon maple syrup (or preferred sweetener)
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
4 tablespoons olive or rapeseed oil (canola oil)
4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce Tofu, peppers, and eggplant:
1 pound firm tofu, cut in squares roughly 1/4" thick
1 eggplant, sliced in 1/4" rounds
2 peppers, sliced in 1/4" rounds (I used 1 red and 1 orange)
1. Preheat oven to 410 degrees F. Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a small bowl until combined and set aside.
2. Lay the tofu and eggplant out across 2 large roasting tins, trying your best not to overlap. You might have to squash the tofu a little but don't worry too much if there is some slight overlapping.
3. With a pastry brush, brush the marinade over the tofu and eggplant slices. Turn them all over and brush the other side with marinade also.
4. Scatter the pepper slices over the top and brush with any remaining marinade. Don't worry if you don't have any to spare as it will be just as tasty, it just depends on how big your eggplant was.
5. Place in oven and bake 15 minutes. Remove and turn everything over, and bake for 10 more minutes. I tend to rotate shelves as well.
Serve on its own, with basmati rice (pictured above) or with crusty bread. For more details please visit my blog: http://veganbritannia.blogspot.com/
Source of recipe: I wrote this recipe.