Skinned and Stuffed: The Heartbreaking Life Of A Potato
3 large red rotatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil, plus to coat pre-baked potatoes
1 small onion, diced
2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup frozen spinach, cooked
1/4 cup non-dairy milk
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon dill
1/2 tablespoon onion powder
A few dashes hot sauce or cayenne, to taste
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
I used AllyChristine's "Best Basic Guacamole" recipe, found here: http://vegweb.com/recipes/best-basic-guacamole
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Pierce potatoes with a fork then rub olive oil on skins. Place potatoes on baking sheet and bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Romove from oven and let sit until cool enough to handle.
2. Halve potatoes and scoop insides into a bowl, leaving some of the potato around the edges so that the skin strong enough to hold the filling. Mash the scooped out insides until relatively smooth.
3. To the bowl, add the rest of the ingredients (onion, garlic, spinach, non-dairy milk, nutritional yeast, dill, onion powder, hot sauce, salt, and pepper); stir until combined.
4. Spoon filling back into potato skins and bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tops turn golden brown. (There will be some filling left over, save it to add to salad or a scramble!)
5. While potatos are doing their second bake, whip up some super easy, super tasty guacamole! Wait for potatoes to cool a bit, then top with guacamole and serve!
*A belated, untested idea: Sautee some raw sunflower seeds with oil and Braggs for a "Bakun Bits" flavor/crunch.