Smooth, tangy & spicy - the smoothie that has it all
3/4 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1/4 cup frozen raspberries
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 peach, halved, pitted & peeled
1/2 large avocado, peeled & pitted
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
1 teaspoon flax oil
1. Pour the juice into your blender/bullet/whatever you use to make smoothies.
2. Add the berries, peach and avocado. Then grate the ginger into it.
3. Blend it up, stop to give it a shake, blend some more & repeat as needed until it's nice and smooth.
4. Stir in your flax oil and enjoy.
The pineapple/ginger combo is really what gives it a delicious flavour, and adding the avocado will fill you up a bit more than other smoothies.
- lemonade instead of pineapple juice- soymilk instead of pineapple juice- try some kale in there for a greener smoothie
Source of recipe: I had alot of fresh fruit in the freezer, and one day was craving something similar to what my favourite juice place has...many variations on this were born!