added this 1 year ago
Southwestern Rice and Bean Salad
What you need:
1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
1 3/4 cup vegetable broth
1/2 white onion, chopped
1 medium yellow pepper
1 medium red pepper
1 cup frozen corn, cooked
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 15 oz. can pinto beans, drained
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
Salt and pepper, to taste
What you do:
1. In a medium saucepan, Bring vegetable broth to a boil. Add the rice. Return to a boil, stir, then lower heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. n a large oiled skillet, over medium heat add the onion, red and yellow peppers, and corn. Sauté for 10 minutes, then add garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes, then add pinto beans.
3. While that is cooking, whisk together oil, vinegar, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
4. Add this mixture to the skillet, then add the cooked rice and stir well!
5. Top with a small amount of French dressing, tomato, lettuce, and avocado!
Chef's Note: This is good in lettuce wraps, taco salad, and tostadas!