1 (12-ounce) box thin spaghetti
1 head broccoli, chopped
10 baby carrots or 2 to 3 regular carrots, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
3+ tablespoons olive oil
3+ tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
Italian seasoning or a dry pack of Italian dressing, to taste
1/2 head lettuce, chopped into small pieces
1. Cook the spaghetti according to the directions. Drain, then rinse with cold water to cool.
2. In a bowl, combine broccoli, carrots, red onion, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons oil and 3 tablespoons vinegar.
3. Add the spaghetti and tomatoes; mix well. Add more vinegar and olive oil, to taste.
4. Add Italian seasoning over the salad and mix again. (I used about 1/2 the package of Italian dressing, and a couple of sprinkles of Italian seasoning.)
5. Add the lettuce and mix once again.
This recipe went over really well at a dinner we had with non veggies! I ate the leftovers the next day and had to add a little more vegan red wine vinegar.