1 1/4 pounds red-skinned potatoes, sliced 1/2" thick
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 vegetable bouillon cube
1 large onion, coarsely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
1 green bell pepper, diced or 4 ounces green chilies
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup picante sauce
1/8 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Boil potatoes until just tender Drain potatoes and leave in colander.
2. In medium saucepan, add water, oil and bouillon cube. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve bouillon cube.
3. Stir in onion, bell pepper and garlic; return to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 minute, or until vegetables are almost tender.
4. Add picante, oregano and pepper. Cover and cook 3-4 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
4. Add potatoes and cook, stirring gently, until heated through.