Spicy Mango Summer Rolls with Soy Ginger Dipping Sauce
1 medium-sized jalapeno pepper, sliced
2" chunk ginger root, divided
1/4 cup Shoyu, Tamari, or soy sauce
1/4 cup water
6-8 spring roll wrappers
small handful cilantro leaves
1 ripe mango, peeled and sliced
1 medium carrot, julienned
2 tablespoons roasted pistachios or other nut, optional
1. Place jalapeno slices in a small dipping bowl. Grate 1/2" of the ginger, squeeze the juice out, and add it to the small dipping bowl with the peppers. Julienne the rest of the ginger.
2. Make the dipping sauce. Add the soy sauce to the ginger juice and the pepper and stir it. Now add the water to dilute to your taste.
3. Fill up a bowl a little bigger than the wrappers with water, so you can dunk the wrappers in right before you roll them. Dunk a wrapper in the water and let it get soft (takes about 10 seconds).
4. Now lay it out on a dry surface and build the roll with some cilantro on the bottom, then the mango, pepper, ginger, carrot, and optional nuts. Roll them up like you would a burrito and lay them on a serving plate.
5. When you’re finished, cut each of them on the diagonal (this makes them look really nice), and serve with sauce.