St. Patty's Green Tea Coconut Cookies
½ cup vegan buttery spread
½ cup unrefined coconut oil (not refined)
2 tablespoons matcha green tea powder
¼ cup + ½ cup powdered sugar, divided
¼ cup sweetened shredded coconut (optional*)
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 400º F.
2. Cream together buttery spread, coconut oil, green tea powder and ¼ cup powdered sugar until smooth. Add shredded coconut and flour and mix until combined. Mixture will be somewhat crumbly but should stick together.
3. Roll dough into 24 balls, approximately 1½ inches in size. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or just until set.
4. Meanwhile, place ½ cup powdered sugar in a wide, shallow dish; set aside.
5. Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. Roll each cookie in powdered sugar and set aside until completely cooled.
* If you prefer to use unsweetened shredded coconut, increase ¼ cup powdered sugar to 1/3 cup and proceed with recipe as directed.