1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, divided
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon sugar
2 cloves garlic, mashed, divided
1 teaspoon rosemary
salt and pepper, to taste
2 large portobellos, stems removed
1/2 onion, chopped
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water or broth
2 oil packed sundried tomatoes
2 vegan mozzarella slices
basil, chopped finely, for garnish
1. For marinade, mix 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, olive oil, mustard, vegan sugar, 1/2 the garlic, and the rosemary. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Marinate the whole mushrooms for at least 30 minutes, often turning them in the liquid so that all areas are flavored. Meanwhile, saute onion in a little olive oil. After 1 minute, add the rest of the garlic.
3. Add the corn, quinoa and add water or vegan broth. Cover when it begins to boil, and cook according to quinoa package directions, usually 10-15 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. When quinoa is done, stir in sundried tomatoes and remaining balsamic. Season, to taste. Stuff mushrooms with quinoa filling and bake 10-15 minutes, or until the mushroom is fully cooked.
5. Take out of oven and cover each with a slice of vegan mozzarella and return to oven for a minute. Remove and serve with fresh basil on top.
This is good with polenta. The mushrooms let out liquid as they cook so have a pan with a lip that can trap the juices. Liquid is good spooned over everything also.