Stuffed Shell Finger Food
1 (16 ounce) box large shell pasta
olive oil, as needed
4 cloves garlic, pressed
2 fresh cherry peppers, chopped
1 cup carrots, shredded (3-4 whole carrots)
1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn (white or yellow)
1 teaspoon cumin
1/4 cup chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons ground chipotle chili powder
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup red wine
2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (12 ounce) jar salsa
1 (8 ounce) package shredded vegan mozzarella or cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and cover glass baking dish with foil. In a large pot, bring water to boil for shell pasta. Follow package instructions for cooking times. Drain and allow to dry and cool.
2. Heat a large frying pan to medium heat. Add olive oil to coat the pan and allow the oil to heat up. Add garlic, peppers, and carrots to the pan and allow them to fry for at least 1 minute.
3. Add frozen corn and all seasonings. Let cook for about 2 minutes. Add wine to deglaze the pan. Add beans and salsa. Lower the heat to a low setting and stir occasionally for approximately 10 minutes.
4. Once the pasta is finished and dried, grab the inside of the end of the shell with your thumb. This part needs to stay bare to allow for it to be a finger food. Take a teaspoon and scoop the bean and corn mixture into the shell.
5. Place the finished shells in prepared pan. Once the pan is full, lightly sprinkle vegan cheese on, and bake for only about 5-7 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
The ends of the shells will act as a sort of handle for guests to grab and enjoy! Let me know what you all think!'