Summertime Finger Salad
10 collard green leaves
2 cups carrots, julienned
2 cups red cabbage, julienned
2 cups cucumbers, chopped
10 scallions, chopped
1 cup almond butter
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup agave nectar
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 pinch chili powder
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
fresh edible flower blossoms, to garnish (I use nasturtium blossoms)
1. Remove stems from collard greens with a paring knife, and lay the 2 halves back together, slightly overlapping. Set aside remaining chopped vegetables.
2. Combine almond butter and all remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, adding more water if necessary. Transfer the dipping sauce to a small serving bowl.
3. Lay 2 collard halves out on the counter with the middle slightly overlapping, so it looks like they are put back together after the stems were removed.
4. Sprinkle about 1/4 cup each vegetable along 1 end of the collard leaves, then roll up tightly starting from the filled end. Secure with a toothpick and arrange attractively on a serving platter.
5. Scatter freshly picked nasturtium blossoms around for garnish. Place dipping sauce in center of the platter and serve.
This is a healthy, colorful and cool offering to bring to any summer potluck. The addition of decorative, edible flowers lends an exotic flair.
Source of recipe: I wrote this recipe.