Sun Dried Tomato Ziti
5 cups pasta with grooves (such as ziti)
20-30 sundried tomatoes
2 1/2 tablespoons dried rosemary, crumbled
1 (8 ounce) can large black pitted olives, coarsely chopped
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder or 1-2 cloves, minced
1/4 cup olive oil, divided
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon parsely
1. Place the 5 cups pasta in a pot and cook until just tender, according to package directions. For the sauce, soak the sun dried tomatoes in hot or boiling water until soft (15-20 minutes).
2. Chop the sun dried tomatoes into smaller pieces and place in a blender or food processor. Add the rosemary and olives to the sun dried tomatoes.
3. Add a few tablespoons oil to moisten. Add garlic, and pulse the blender until mixed, but still somewhat chunky. Add the remaining oil and salt and pepper.
4. Pulse until mixed completely with small chunks of tomato and olive still visible. (mixture should be somewhat thick in consistency)
5. Drain pasta and mix in the sauce. The sauce should cling into the grooves of the pasta. Garnish with parsley, serve immediately.