Sunflower Sprout and Avocado Pita Sandwich
1 whole wheat pita pocket
1 medium avocado
1/2 cup sunflower sprouts
1 tablespoon hummus
Any other desired veggies for your sandwich! (ie. cucumbers, spinach, etc)
1. Slice the pita in half (I like to warm it up in the oven for a few minutes so that it gets a little toasty!).
2. Mash the avocado to desired consistency. I usually leave mine pretty chunky so it has more of a solid consistency. Spread it into each half of the pita on just one of the sides.
3. Spread the hummus on the side that you didn't put the avocado on in each half of the pita.
4. Add the sunflower sprouts (about 1/4 cup, or however much is desired per half)! Stick them to the avocado so that they are spread throughout the sandwich evenly.
5. Add tomato and any other veggies that are in season/sound good! =)
Source of recipe: I was playing with what I had left in the fridge and this is what I ended up with!