Super Healthy Granola!!!
non-stick baking spray
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1-1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
1-1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup soy nuts
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup apple sauce
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup any other dried fruit you like
1 tablespoon minced crystallized ginger
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray baking spray onto a cookie sheet that has a lip around the edge so nothing falls off
2. In a large mixing bowl, place rolled oats. Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir in pumpkin seeds, soy nuts, and sunflower seeds. Stir in applesauce and maple syrup until all of the dry contents in the bowl are covered (if you like your granola sweeter, add more maple syrup)
3. Empty the contents of the bowl onto the cookie sheet and put the cookie sheet in the oven for 20 minutes.
4. While the granola is baking, measure out the raisins, dried cranberries, and any other dried fruit you like, and ginger. Set aside until 20 minutes are up.
If you Want the Fruit in the Granola to be Chewy: After 20 minutes are up, add dried fruit to granola and stir, put back in the oven for 20 more minutes.
If You Don't Want the Fruit in the Granola to be Chewy: After 20 minutes, stir granola and put back in oven for 20 more minutes. When time is up, take the granola out of the oven and add the dried fruit while the granola is still hot.
5. After the granola has cooled down, put in a big plastic container for yourself (or you can be nice and give some to your friends). This tastes really really yummy in vanilla soymilk or soy yogurt! Or on the top of Rice Dream...
Source of recipe: I was looking for a healthier granola that wasn't one of those yucky store bought ones.