Super Moist Chocolate Cake
300 grams/10.5 oz. silken firm tofu
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup rice syrup/rice malt syrup
1 1/2 cups soy milk
2 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2/3 cup vegan chocolate chips or finely chopped vegan chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 180oC/350oF. Grease a 20cm round cake tin with oil or nuttelex.
2. Blend the tofu, vegan sugar, rice syrup and soy milk until combined and smooth.
3. Sift flour and cocoa together into a large mixing bowl.
4. Pour in liquid mixture, add chocolate chips and fold through gently.
5. Pour the mixture into the tin, bake in oven for 1 hour (check with a skewer to see if it has cooked through!)
Cool in tin for 10 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack until completely cooled. Top with fresh berries or drizzle with melted vegan chocolate.
Note: When the cake is baking, the top will sink and the cake will become almost flat- do not panic, this is what makes the cake so dense and moist!