Super Simple Spice Cupcakes
1/2 cup vanilla non-dairy milk (I use vanilla soymilk)
1 tablespoon vinegar
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
4-1/2 teaspoons chai spice blend (I use McComick's)
1-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1-1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons (1.5 ounces) applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put muffin liners in pan, or grease liberally with organic corn oil spray.
2. Combine non-dairy milk and vinegar in a measuring cup. Set aside.
3. Place all of the dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, chai spice blend, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda). Stir well. Add soy milk mixture, water, applesauce, and vanilla. Stir really well.
4. Dip finger into batter and lick. Determine if it needs more spices for your liking. If so, add them.
5. Once batter is to your liking, pour into muffin tin. Fill just about 2/3 (or a little more). Bake for 12 to15 minutes (depending on oven). Cool muffins on a wire rack. Top with cream cheese frosting (optional - we eat them plain). Enjoy!!
Source of recipe: I was Craving Spice Cupcakes, and could find no recipes. .. . So, I came up with this!!