Sweet Potato and Leek Soup
2 medium sized golden sweet potatoes
1 large potato
1 large leek (stalk only)
2 celery sticks
Salt and pepper to taste
2 teaspoons sugar to taste (optional)
2 teaspoon mixed herbs (optional)
Approximately 8 cups boiling water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Wash and chop all vegetables. Remove leaves from leek.
2. Heat oil in large stock pot.
3. Cook chopped leek in warm oil until soft.
4. Place all chopped vegetables in stock pot with cooked leek.
5. Pour in enough water to cover all vegetables.
6. Simmer vegetables until all are soft.
7. Puree all cooked vegetables in blender.
8. Return to stock pot and add seasoning to taste.