Tasty Italian Spaghetti Squash
1 spaghetti squash
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
1 minced basil leaf
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasonings
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup vegan mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons vegan butter
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prick squash with fork, and bake for about 45 minutes or until soft.
2. While it is cooking, heat olive oil to a frying pan and add onion, garlic, and spices and simmer until tender.
3. Add the tomatoes and cook uncovered for 5 minutes. Cover, and set aside.
4. When the squash is done, cut it open, remove the seeds, and use a fork to remove the spaghetti "strands". Place the strands in a bowl with butter and vegan cheese. Toss until well blended.
5. Take the tomato, garlic, and onion mixture and toss it with the "spaghetti" until well blended.
This is so good! Enjoy! It is a bit time consuming, but only because you have to cook the spaghetti squash for so long.
Source of recipe: I wrote this recipe.