2 (8 ounce) packages tempeh
1 (8 ounce) jar picante sauce
1 teaspoon ground cumin
36 corn tortillas
olive oil, as needed
8 ounces shredded vegan cheese
1. Grease a cookie sheet. Boil tempeh for about 15 minutes to remove any bitterness. When done, set aside to cool a bit. In a medium bowl, crumble the tempeh and add picante sauce and ground cumin. Mix well.
2. In a small skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Place a corn tortilla in the oil for 2 seconds on either side to soften. Repeat with all of the tortillas. If necessary, use paper towel to soak up some of the oil.
3. Put approximately 1 tablespoon tempeh mixture in the center of a tortilla, then sprinkle some vegan cheese on top. Roll up tortilla and place on prepared cookie sheet, seam side down.
4. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas until tempeh mixture is gone. Use left over vegan cheese to sprinkle on top of the rolled tortillas.
5. Bake for 15 to 25 minutes, or until tortillas are a little crispy and golden brown.
Source of recipe: I was in the mood for a Mexican dish and this is what I came up with.