Thai/Caribbean Style Baked Tofu with Sauce
10 ounces extra firm tofu (I use a vacuum packed called SproTofu)
1/4 cup Braggs or soy sauce
1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
2 ripe bananas
1) Press water out of the tofu and slice into four equal "patties." Mix together Braggs and curry paste. Place tofu in mixture to marinate and add water to cover OR just marinate each individually. I used a BIT of water and had one slice of tofu uncovered, so i just turned it after a while. I only marinated it for a couple of hours.
2) After mixture has marinated to your liking, place tofu slices on a baking pan or in a cast iron skillet. You can pour a bit of the sauce over the tofu slices if you like. Reserve remaining sauce.
3) Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and place tofu in oven. Flip about 10 to 15 minutes in and pour a bit more sauce on if you want. Bake an additional 10 to15 minutes or until your crispiness preference, but careful not to burn!
4) While tofu is baking, chop the bananas and tomatoes, keeping them separate. Start by sauteing the bananas in a little bit of the reserved liquid until the bananas are warm and probably starting to break apart. Add tomatoes and saute until the sauce is relatively thick, though you can choose what thickness you will enjoy most.
5) Place the baked tofu on a plate and pile the sauce on top! It's yummy!
Source of recipe: I wrote this recipe.. these are the things you come up with when you are using up a couple of "non-raw" ingredients in the house.