Tofu Low Mein
1 (12-ounce) package extra firm tofu
1/4 cup olive oil
scant 1/4 cup water + water, amount according to ramen package directions
1 (3-ounce) package oriental top ramen
1 zucchini, cut into bite-sized pieces (optional)
3/4 cup broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 cup bean sprouts
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup snow peas, sliced in half
classic stir fry sauce, check ingredients
1. Drain tofu, pat dry until most of the moisture is gone, then cut into cubes. Heat olive oil in wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, slowly add the tofu, stirring occasionally. Pan fry until lightly browned.
2. In a pot, heat water for cooking ramen. Add ramen, cook two minutes, and strain. Save a tiny bit of the noodle water. Don't throw away seasoning.
3. Once tofu is lightly browned, add the broccoli and zucchini, then scant 1/4 cup water. Cover and let simmer 1 minute.
4. Add zucchini, broccoli, bean sprouts, carrots, and snow peas. Cover again and let simmer 2 minutes.
5. Turn the heat down low. Add the noodles, the oriental seasoning, and enough stir fry sauce to lightly coat everything, but don't over do it. Remove from heat and serve.
Source of recipe: It was a recipe a friend made that I refined and made tastey-er :)