Tropical Mixed Grain Pumpkin Bread
1 cup each oats, wheat flour
1/2 cups each white flour, cornmeal
2 tablespoons wheat germ
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon each ground cloves, nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoons each ground cinnamon; fresh ginger, minced
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
3/4 cup each coconut milk, chopped pineapple
1 tablespoon mixed, almond or vanilla extract
1 cup macadamia nuts, halved; 1/4 cup poppy seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour four 5" x 3" loaf pans, or two 8” x 4” loaf pans.
2. In a blender, blend together pumpkin, coconut milk, extract, pineapple, ginger and oil.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the flours, cornmeal, wheat germ, sugar, baking soda and powder, salt, cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
4. Add the blended pumpkin puree, and mix until all of the dry ingredients are absorbed. Mix in 2/3 cup macadamia nuts, shredded coconut and poppy seeds.
5. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans. Sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup nuts on top.
6. Bake for about 1 hour in the preheated oven or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven, and cover loaves tightly with foil. Allow to steam for 10 minutes. Remove foil, and turn out onto a cooling rack. Cool completely, then slice. Enjoy! :)