Vegan Chocolate Cake
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon EnerG Egg Replacer + 4 tablespoons warm water (2 egg replacers)
2 cups sugar
1 cup nondairy milk (I use soy milk)
1/2 cup olive oil or applesauce
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup boiling water
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 9" x 11" rectangle pan or two 9" round pans with olive oil.
2. In a bowl, thoroughly mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. In another bowl, mix the egg replacer and warm water together then add into the dry mixture.
4. To the flour mixture, add and thoroughly mix sugar, nondairy milk, olive oil or applesauce, and vanilla. Mix until all the ingredients are incorporated evenly.
5. Add the boiling water and mix. The batter will be more of a liquid. Pour into your pan(s) and bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
Source of recipe: I had a recipe from when I was a lacto-ovo vegetarian and I decided to change it so I could enjoy it as a vegan.