Vegan Mushroom Risotto Recipe
1 cup brown basmati rice
salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup white wine, optional
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
1. Heat 3 cups water in a small pot to just below a boil. Warm another pot to medium, add the rice and a pinch sea salt, and stir it while allowing it to brown slightly. Pour the wine over the rice, and stir until it is all absorbed by the rice. Use water if you prefer.
2. Next, add the heated water to the rice, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly and waiting for all the liquid to be absorbed before adding more.
3. While this is cooking, heat a small pan to medium-high and saute the mushrooms in olive oil. Once they are fully cooked, add the lemon zest and juice.
4. You can marinate the mushrooms rather than saute if you wish, by putting them in a container with a lid, sprinkling them with salt and lemon juice, and shaking them. Allow them to sit, shaking occasionally, for about an hour to soften.
5. Use all 3 cups water for a very liquid, creamy risotto, or add only 2-2 1/2 cups for a sticky risotto. Once all the liquid is absorbed, test the rice to see if it is done. It should be soft, but only just cooked (al dente). Stir in the mushrooms and parsley, season with black pepper, and serve.
Source of recipe: To watch a free video of me making this vegan mushroom risotto recipe, so I can show you the exact techniques that will make the perfect recipe, go to http://www.healthyveganrecipes.net/video/mushroom-risotto-recipe