Vegan Pumpkin Cream Pie
1 tablespoon Ener-G Egg Replacer
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup turbinado sugar or brown sugar
2 tablespoons yacon syrup (may substitute with molasses)
1/4 cup crystalized ginger, finely chopped
1 tablespoon agave syrup
1 tablespoon lucuma powder (make without if you don't have it, but it imparts a caramel-y flavor)
1 tablespoon maca powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon garam marsala
1 teaspoon vanilla powder
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups mashed cooked pumpkin
1 cup nondairy milk (I use almond milk)
1 (8-ounce) container vegan cream cheese, softened (I use Tofutti)
2 tablespoons coconut butter
2 tablespoons coconut cream
1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell (I use spelt)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a bowl, whip EnerG Egg Replacer and water until frothy (this is 2 egg equivalents). Place jar of coconut butter in bowl of hot water to soften.
2. Beat in turbinado and yacon syrup, then spices (crystallized ginger, agave syrup, lucuma powder, maca powder, cinnamon, garam masala, vanilla powder, ground nutmeg, and salt).
3. Add pumpkin, almond milk, softened cream cheese, coconut butter, and coconut cream. Beat until well blended and smooth.
4. Pour mixture into pie shell and sprinkle with more cinnamon. Bake at for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake for 35 more minutes.
5. Let cool completely, then refrigerate. I served it with coconut milk vanilla ice cream sprinkled with cinnamon. It has a softer texture than non-vegan pie. Kinda like a pudding pie.
Source of recipe: I conjured this up in my kitchen