Vegan Roasted Eggplant Recipe
1 eggplant, sliced in half-moons
1 red onion, chopped
3 large mushrooms, chopped
1 teaspoon olive oil
pinch sea salt
1 cup red rice
sprinkle balsamic vinegar
handful winter greens (I used mustard greens)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place vegetables in a baking dish. Pour olive oil in, and mix around the vegetables with your hands. Sprinkle some sea salt on them and mix around with your hands.
2. Place the dish in the oven for about 40 minutes. Rinse the rice with water, drain, and add 2 cups water. Sprinkle a bit of sea salt in the water.
3. Bring rice to a boil for a couple minutes, then turn down to low and simmer for 45 minutes. Rice is fully cooked when it is dry and fluffy. Do not stir the rice while it is cooking.
4. Stir the vegetables after about 20 minutes to flip the dry sides into the juices that have come out of the vegetables. Once the vegetables are fully cooked, take them out of the oven and sprinkle balsamic vinegar over them.
5. Stir vegetables to coat, and return to the oven for a few more minutes. Line a dish with greens, and spoon some rice on them. To finish, top the rice with some vegetables, drizzling with some extra balsamic.
Source of recipe: To watch a free video of me making this vegan roasted eggplant recipe, so I can show you the exact techniques that will make the perfect recipe, go to http://www.healthyveganrecipes.net/video/roasted-eggplant-recipe