1 cup soy TVP chunks
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
salt, to taste
2 tablespoons corn flour
2 tablespoons wheat flour
1/2 tablespoon ginger paste
1/2 tablespoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon lemon juice
rice, to serve
1. Boil and dry TVP chunks. Mix TVP with chili powder, black pepper and salt. Set aside for 30 minutes.
2. At the end of half an hour, in a deep bowl, mix all the following thoroughly: the prepared TVP chunks, corn flour and wheat flour.
3. In a pan, heat oil (enough to deep fry the TVP chunks). When oil is hot, fry the chunks until they are golden brown on all sides. Do this in small batches, over medium-high heat to ensure that the chunks are cooked through. Remove from oil and set aside.
4. Heat two tablespoons of oil in the pan, when oil is hot, add garlic and ginger pastes and fry until it turns brown. Lower the heat to medium-low and add salt if needed, fry for 2-3 minutes. Now add the chunks and stir. Raise heat to high and cook, while stirring periodically, until the liquid is absorbed/evaporated and the chunks look dry.
5. Remove the pan from heat and add lemon juice. Stir well. Serve with rice.
Source of recipe: I wrote this recipe.