Vegetarian Quinoa Recipe
1 cup quinoa, rinsed
2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon sea salt + to taste
1 teaspoon untoasted sesame oil or olive oil
5 mushrooms, sliced
1 yellow pepper, diced
4 leaves bok choy, chopped
1/2" piece ginger, minced
1 lime, zested and juiced
2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1. Add water, quinoa, and salt to pot, and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Quinoa is fully cooked when you see the swirl of the grains, with a translucent center, and it is fluffy. Do not stir the quinoa while it is cooking.
2. In a large pan heated to medium, add the sesame oil and mushrooms. Stir the mushrooms to coat them in oil, then allow them to cook until they are soft and are starting to release their juice.
3. Add the pepper, allowing it time to start to release their juice. Add the bok choy, leaving it until the green parts have just started to wilt.
4. Add the ginger and lime zest, along with some salt, and stir to distribute through the vegetables. Next, add the cooked quinoa and gently stir through the vegetables.
5. Combine the lime juice, tamari and toasted sesame oil, then pour over the dish. Stir once more gently, then serve. Sesame seeds make a lovely garnish.
Source of recipe: To watch a free video of me making this vegetarian quinoa recipe, so I can show you the exact techniques that will make the perfect recipe, go to http://www.healthyveganrecipes.net/video/lime-quinoa