Yummy No Bake Glazed Fruit Pie!
4 tablespoons powdered sugar
6 tablespoons vegan butter (I use Earth Balance Margarine)
1 cup rolled oats/muesli
1 cup Graham crackers, crushed (or any vegan cookie)
1 kiwi, sliced
1 plum, sliced
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
1 teaspoon arrowroot powder (or cornstarch, for thickener)
1. Combine vegan butter and powdered sugar in heated pan and melt. Add in your oats/muesli, and your crushed graham crackers to melted butter. Mix well. This should form a sort of 'dough' for your crust.
2. Line or lightly oil a pie pan, and press in crust mixture. Make it about a 1/8-1/4 inch thick. It's really easy to make more crust if you need/want it. Place crust in fridge to chill.
3. Arrange fruit slices on the pie crust however you want. There's no limit on color or pattern, remember to leave room for the pineapples. Return pie to fridge.
4. Take a few tablespoons of the juice that comes with the pineapples, and dissolve in a pan with the arrow root/cornstarch. Add remaining pineapples and juice, cook for 10 minutes on medium high and stir. Check for a thickened consistency.
5. Get your beautiful pie crust out of the fridge. Add pineapple filling in any gaps, to taste. Take a large spoon and pour the thickened pineapple juice in generous amounts over the fruit. This will be your glaze. Let chill for at least an hour, or until the glaze has thickened even more. Slice and enjoy.
Source of recipe: Vegan twist on a traditional recipe.