5 Star Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
1 package (10 ounces) vegan chocolate chips (I use Tropical Source), pressed
1 package (about 12 ounces) firm or soft silken tofu (I use firm to make a more decadent texture)
at least 1 cup nondairy milk, as needed (I use soy)
1 vegan graham cracker crust
1 cup peanut butter (preferably a natural blend)
1 box (4 cups) powdered sugar, divided
1. Put the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat them for a few minutes. It is very crucial that you watch carefully and stir to avoid burning. You don't want the chips to be completely soupy liquid, you are going for a more molten melted effect.
2. Slightly break up pressed silken tofu, and add to blender. Add chocolate to blender. The next process must be done quick as to avoid the hardening of the chips.
3. Have milk container open and near the blender to pour in when the mixture is too thick to stir, but don't add too much. You want a thick pudding when the blending of the chocolate, tofu, and milk is finished. It should be basically pourable, so go ahead and pour it into your crust. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. While the chocolate pie is setting up, melt peanut butter in the microwave. Stir in some of the powdered vegan sugar until thick, then add some milk, then powdered vegan sugar and so on. Continue this process until you have a sweet, thick peanut butter paste that is not too sticky.
5. Carefully spread the peanut butter mixture on top of the pie. There should be enough that it becomes the top layer of the pie. Let it set for about 3 hours. It will be like a cheesecake and wonderfully rich.