Carrot Stuffed Indian Bread
3-4 carrots, peeled n grated
5 tablespoons oil
onion 1 small chopped
1 teaspoon ginger grated
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
2 teaspoons cumin seeds
3 tablespoon finely chopped each coriander leaves, fenugreek leaves and spinach leaves
salt as required
1-2 green chillies, chopped
1 pinch asafetida, optional
2 cups whole wheat flour
water to knead
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 tablespoon grated coconut
1. In a bowl take whole wheat flour. Add in salt, curry powder, 1 teaspoon oil, coriander leaves and 1 teaspoon cumin seeds. Mix well. Make dough using water. Cover and keep aside.
2. In a pan, take 2 tablespoon oil and heat it. Now add asafetida, mustard seeds. As the seeds crackle add in cumin seeds. Now stir in chopped onions and sautÃ© till transparent. Add in green chillies, salt and ginger. Stir for another 2 minutes. Now add grated carrots and coconut. Saute on high heat for 2-3 minutes. Take off fire and cool the mixture.
3. Now take some dough roughly size of a lemon. Roll it like a ball between your palms, now flatten it using a rolling pin (use dry wheat flour to avoid sticking). Roll it around diameter of 7-8 inches. Now take the flatten bread in your hand. Carefully put 2 tablespoon of cooled carrot mixture in the centre and close it. (pick edges of the bread on the top and bind it.
4. Now again flatten it very carefully using rolling pin.(be sure not to break it)
5. Take a skillet. Keep on flame. Put 1 teaspoon of oil in it. Now put the prepared bread on it. Spread 1 teaspoon oil on it using spoon.
6. When golden brown on both sides, it is ready to eat.