1 cup vegan margarine
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose white flour
3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1. Lightly grease a baking sheet and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream margarine and powdered sugar until creamy. Mix in vanilla and salt.
3. Slowly mix in flour, then coconut.
4. Roll into a ball and refrigerate for half an hour. Roll out and cut with cookie cutter or glass, or form small balls and flatten out by pressing your fingers on top.
5. For thinner cookies, bake for about 10 minutes, or until edges brown. For thicker cookies, bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!
Source of recipe: A classic family recipe turned vegan.