Creamy Vegan Potato Salad Recipe
[u]Raw Vegan Mayonnaise[/u]**:
1 cup organic raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours
1/4 cup raw cauliflower
1/2 cup filtered water
1/4 cup cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoon lemon juice, or more to taste
2-1/4 tablespoon organic dijon mustard
1-1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon agave nectar
tiny 1/2 pinch Celtic sea salt, or more to taste [u]Potato Salad[/u]:
8 cups (about 8 medium red skinned potatoes) largely diced / cut into cubes
1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
1 cup broccoli stalk (slaw) chopped finely
1 cup (about 1 medium) red bell pepper (capsicum) finely diced
1 cup (about 4 large ribs) celery finely diced
1 cup (about 1 bunch) green onions finely chopped
1/2 cup (about 1/2 medium) finely chopped red onion 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper to taste
1 cup (about 1 bunch) continental parsley finely chopped
1. Dressing: Put the cashews and cauliflower in a food processor, and add the water until combined well. Slowly add the oil in one steady stream, and process until thick and creamy. Place the rest of the dressing ingredients into the blender to taste, and process until smooth. Add in some more salt, mustard, or lemon juice to taste until you create your perfect blend
2. Potato Salad: Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover them with cold filtered water. Add 2 tablespoon of Celtic sea salt to the water and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until just done.
3. Rinse potatoes with cold water and drain thoroughly. Transfer the potatoes to a mixing bowl. Except for parsley, combine with all of the chopped potato salad vegetables (broccoli, bell pepper, celery, green onion, and red onion).
4. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix thoroughly. Stir through the parsley, and then season with Celtic sea salt and black pepper to taste.
5. Chill or serve at room temperature. YUM!
**Please note – you will need a high speed blender such as a VitaMix or BlendTec, in order to achieve a really creamy consistency
Source of recipe: I wrote this recipe.