Double Fried French Fries
5 russet potatoes, peeled and sliced into french fry shapes
4 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
2 quarts water
1. Place potatoes and vinegar into a large pot, adding 2 quarts water and a few shakes of salt. Bring to a boil and cook for 8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, line two baking sheets with paper towels. Drain potatoes, place on one of the baking sheets lined with paper towels, and dry for at least 5 minutes.
3. Heat 1-3 inches worth of oil in a large pot to 400F. Add 1/4 of the fries to oil and cook for 60-90 seconds. Once cooked, place on second paper towel-lined baking sheet. Repeat process with all remaining potatoes.
4. Let potatoes cool down to room temperature, or about 30 minutes.
5. Re-heat oil back up to 400F. Fry potatoes in batches for the second time until they are crisp and light brown in color, anywhere from 2-3 minutes. Drain on lined baking sheet and immediately season. Serve immediately. Enjoy!