Gabii's Super Healthy Oat, Fruit and Nut Cookies!
3/4 cup or roasted unsalted almond meal
1 cup of oatmeal, plus a little more
1 grated apple
1/2 a large well mashed banana
1/4 cup of sultanas
5 chopped dates
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
sweet spice mix or just cinnamon to taste-optional
1 tablespoons non-hydrogenated margarine, slightly melted (olive oil might work but I have
not tried it)
More margarine, if necessary
2 tablespoon Strawberry jam
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
1. In a large bowl, mix together almond meal and oat meal (I like to make my own almond meal by placing a handful of fried almonds in a blender).
2. Put the sultanas in a separate cup or bowl and fill with very hot to boiling water.
3. Add all the ingredients besides margarine and sultanas. Mix well.
4. Add margarine and mix. Drain sultanas and add to mixture, mix again.
5. If the mixture seems too dry, add either some more mashed banana, maple syrup, or almond milk.
6. Spoon mixture in to lined baking tray and bake for 10 mins. Take out tray flip cookies, cook for 5-10 more minutes. **I like to form patties with the mixture in my hands, i find it works better.**
When eaten warm from the oven they taste great, not like a traditional cookie. Once they cool, and even more so the next day, they become more cookie like.
Please let me know how they went and post any variations you may have made.