1 can garbanzo beans
1/2 cup spinach (frozen or fresh)
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup peas (frozen )
1/2 cup carrots (chopped frozen )
1/2 cup cilantro (packed chopped)
1/2 cup mint (packed chopped)
1/4 cup onion (chopped)
salt to taste
Indian garam masala or curry powder (if available)
5 Tablespoons cooking oil
1. Wash the can of beans thoroughly.
2. Add a cup of cold water to this washe'd beans and begin to boil.
3. Along with the beans add ginger and garlic and the onions.
4. Add the salt now.
5. If you are using frozen spinach -thaw it and squeeze out all the water.
6. Now when the beans begin to boil, add the carrots and peas and let it boil for another 3 mins ( If your using fresh carrots and peas boil then separately and add them to the beans towards the end.
7. Now drain the beans/carrots/peas/ginger/garlic/onion.
8. Combine the spinach and beans mixture together.
9. IMPORTANT - DRAIN THE WATER THOROUGHLY.
10. Now, grind them or mash them to a coarse paste - WITHOUT ADDING WATER.
12. Add the cilantro, mint, garam masala/curry powder to this coarse paste.
13. Let it sit in the fridge for about 10 mins before use.
14. Now, make this paste into any shape - patties or kebab shape .
15. Roll it in bread crumbs.
16. Shallow fry it in cooking oil.
P.S. If the paste is watery add either wheat flour/all purpose flour or the best would be Corn starch. It also helps to rub your hands with oil before beginning to roll the Kebabs.
I tried this out, I hope you all like it and please do feel free to correct /add / delete from this recipe.
All the best.