4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
salt, to taste
1 egg substitute, beaten (http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=7678.0)
6 tablespoons plain vegan yogurt
3 tablespoons margarine, divided
1 cup nondairy milk
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl. Stir in egg substitute, yogurt and 2 tablespoons of the margarine.
2. Gradually stir in enough milk to make a soft dough. Cover with a damp cloth and place in a warm place for 2 hours. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (I use even higher temperature of 500 degrees F and place a pizza stone in my oven).
3. Knead dough on a floured surface for 2 or 3 minutes until smooth. Divide into 8 pieces, and roll each piece into a ball, then into ovals about 6" long.
4. If you must use a baking sheet, grease it and brush the underside of the naan with water. Brush the other side with margarine and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
5. Bake 6 to 10 minutes until puffy and golden brown. (This is where the stone makes a difference)'