Nirvana Vegetable Loaf
1/2 cup cashews
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, minced
4-5 garlic cloves, minced
1 large carrot, minced
2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
1/4 cup peas + 1/4 cup corn kernels
2 cups cooked yellow split peas
1 cup cooked basmati rice
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons chickpea flour (more if needed)
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne + 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
1 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
1 teaspoon salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
* Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
* Grind the cashews into a coarse meal using a food processor or spice/coffee grinder. Place in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
* Saute the onions, garlic, carrot, and jalapenos in the olive oil until soft. add to the large mixing bowl along with all the remaining ingredients. Mix and mash together well. Add more chickpea flour as needed if the mixture seems to wet.
* Press mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until cooked through.
* Let the loaf cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes. Run a sharp knife along the edges to help release and then turn the whole thing out onto a plate or platter and slice at will!