1 cup arame, soaked 30 minutes, rinsed and drained well
1/4 cup carrot, grated
1/4 cup red cabbage, sliced thin
1/4 cup green onion, diced small
1/2 teaspoon ginger or garlic, minced
4 teaspoons lemon juicer, fresh squeezed if possible
3/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, raw unfiltered
2 teaspoons agave nectar or maple syrup
1/4 sea salt
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons soy sauce - or to taste
Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- garnish with white sesame seeds, serve along side miso soup (page 133 of 7 Minute Chef).
- try adding 2 Tablespoon fresh minced herbs, such as cilantro, parsley or dill.
- add 1 cup of assorted fresh vegetables such as avocado, bell pepper, celery, chopped small.
- try adding 1 Tablespoon of oil such as toasted sesame, olive or flax.
- add other grated veggies like beet, daikon radish or jicama.
This recipe is reprinted from 7 Minute Chef by Mark Reinfeld and Bo Rinaldi with permission.