Poor Mans Falafels
1 cup unprepared TVP
1/2 cup fat free refried beans
1 cup frozen spinach
1 medium carrot
1/2-1/3 cup diced onions
2-3 tbsp garbanzo bean flour
1-2 tbsp Liquid Aminos
Panko bread crumbs
Oil for frying
Spices To Taste:
This is my first recipe on here, so please leave some tips and advice if you have any :)
1. Cook 1 cup TVP as per instructions on the package, put to the side.
2. Soak frozen spinach in hot water to thaw, and squeeze out as much water as you can.
3. Peel and shred carrot [About 2/3 cup when done].
4. Combine refried beans, prepared tvp, spinach, carrots, liquid aminos, and diced onions in a food processor.
5. Pulse until mixed, but not pureed.
6. Bring mixture into a large bowl and add garbanzo bean flour.
7. Add spices to your taste.
8. Fill a seperate large bowl with panko bread crumbs.
9. Heat oil for frying in a pot, med/high heat.
10. Take your batter, and form small patties.
11. Dip patties into the bread crumbs and coat fully [make sure you get it covered all the way or it might fall apart while cooking]. Feel free to even mix some of the bread crumbs into the batter itself.
12. Fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy with sauce of your choice :)