Savory Kale Chips
1/2 cup tahini
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons hempseed or almond butter
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce, or 156 mL tomato paste
1 to 2 teaspoon dry chives (or 2 to 4 teaspoons fresh chives)
1 to 2 tablespoons minced cilantro or basil
1 clove garlic, minced, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 heads curly kale (Curly kale works better than flat types)
1. In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients, except for kale.
2. Tear kale into small pieces, approximately 4- to 6-inches in diameter).
3. Add all pieces of kale at same time to bowl with mixture. Toss by hand to ensure all kale pieces are coated thoroughly. Add a bit of water, if needed, to help with coating.
4. Place coated bits of curly kale on racks of food dehydrator. If some kale pieces are stuck together, leave them as they are.
5. Dehydrate at 145 degrees F for one hour. Rotate trays, reduce temperature to 115 degrees F, dehyrate for another hour, then monitor for desired crispness.