Simple Summer Pasta
handful of fresh green beans
2 medium fresh tomatoes, seeded and peeled if possible
garlic to taste (I use about two cloves)
olive oil to coat a small skillet/frying pan
1 tablespoon fresh chopped onion (approximately)
3 cups prepared thin spaghetti or vermicelli
other herbs/spices as desired
1. Coat the bottom of a small frying pan with extra-virgin olive oil.
2. Mince garlic and chop onion.
3. Add garlic, onion, rosemary and whatever other seasonings you choose to the frying pan. Turn the heat on very low and allow the flavors to incorporate into the oil.
4. Quickly chop the seeded, peeled tomatoes and cut the green beans into one inch pieces.
5. Throw the vegetables into the oil mixture and turn the heat up a bit.
6. Cook until mixture is fragrant and the tomatoes have broken down but have not completely disintegrated. Beans should be crisp-tender and onion should be soft.
7. Pour over pasta. Serve hot or cold.