Vanilla Wheat Bars
3/4 cup wheat flour
1/4 cup oat flour
1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips or whatever vegan chocolate you like
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Except for the chocolate chips, mix everything together.
3. Press into a 9-inch square pan sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Bake for 12 minutes. Allow to cool a bit. While still warm, cut into 12ths. They will harden as they cool. I find the most effective way of removing them form the pan is turning it upside down and hitting it with something until they fall out.
5. Melt vegan chocolate and distribute it evenly amongst the cookie bar things and spread it. Place them in the freezer or refrigerator until the chocolate hardens.
This was a failed attempt at a milano cookie, but they are still really good. Each one has 103 calories, 5 grams of fat, and a little more than 1 gram of fiber.