2 tablespoons canola oil
2 cloves + 1 clove fresh garlic, thinly sliced
1 (12 ounce) bag vegan meat crumbles
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup + 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons vegan margarine
1 (8 ounce) container vegan cream cheese
1/2 cup plain nondairy milk (I use soy)
2 teaspoons oregano
12 pieces lasagna pasta, cooked, divided
1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, divided
1. For the "meat", coat bottom of a frying pan with canola oil and place on medium heat. Once oil is heated, add 2 cloves garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Add "meat" crumbles and cook until the crumbles are loosened and softened. Add water and 1/2 cup nutritional yeast. Mix until the yeast dissolves and becomes almost a cheese-like coating.
2. For the "ricotta" cheese, in a medium saucepan, melt vegan margarine over medium heat until melted. Add the vegan cream cheese and continuously stir until it becomes a thick, creamy substance.
3. Add the nondairy milk and continue to stir. Stir in 1 clove of garlic. Add 1/2 cup nutritional yeast, oregano, salt and black pepper. Stir until nutritional yeast dissolves.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the bottom of a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. For assembly, layer the bottom of the dish with 4 pieces of lasagna. Take spaghetti sauce and layer about 2 to 3 tablespoons over the pasta. Next, take about 3 tablespoons of vegan crumbles and layer it over the sauce.
5. Add 3 tablespoons of the "ricotta" cheese over the crumbles. Add another of each layer on top and then finish with a final layer of lasagna pasta on top. Add the remaining spaghetti sauce on top so the top pasta layer doesn't burn. Place in oven and bake for about 25 minutes. Once it is done, take it out of the oven and let cool. Then, it is time to enjoy!