Superstar VegWebber of the Week, Humboldt Honey!
What can I say? She just IS VegWeb. Funny, smart, helpful and always on top of what's happening, she pretty much rocks. I've been thankful for her guidance since day one and I honestly can't imagine the VegWeb forums without her! Yay HH!
Check out her profile here: http://vegweb.com/index.php?action=profile;u=69716 and read her answers to our questionnaire below! I especially love the M*A*S*H trivia and feel strangely tempted to test that one out!
1) VegWebber since? February 19, 2007
2) Vegetarian, Vegan or ? vegan
3) Where do you call home? SoCal
4) What do you do when you're not on VegWeb? I’m a biologist between VegWeb posts.
5) Do you have blog or website? nope
6) Do you tweet? uh-uh
7) One unique thing should know about you? I rock M*A*S*H trivia.
8 ) What’s the best thing about being vegan? Being more informed… about my health, the environment, and animal rights.
9) Favorite romantic recipe on VegWeb? Fruit Tart. Fruit is sexy.
10) Favorite recipe on VegWeb to make for non-vegans to show them how amazing vegan food can be? It’s tempting to cite a dessert, because vegan desserts are a-maz-ing, but I’ll go with Delicious Pakistani Dhal. It’s flavorful and made from whole foods that any grocery store would carry. The best recipes for non-vegans are those that use whole foods instead of meat/cheese analogues so when they make a face you can say, "They're beeaanns." Or lentils, in this case.
11) Favorite Holiday VegWeb recipe? Savory Biscuits. Make a double (triple, quadruple) batch.
12) Best/Funniest/Most delicious/Most disastrous experience you've had making a recipe on VegWeb? I tried to make the Outrageously Easy BIG Bread. There are 15 pages of glowing reviews, so how hard can it be, right? Well…my bread turned out outrageously big, but in circumference. It spread out into a 16-inch wide, flat expanse (disastrous). So I put pizza toppings on it and stuck it back in the oven (delicious). Most disasters can be repurposed into successes.
13) One thing you wish you could make vegan but haven’t succeeded at yet? Angel food cake. I hope that some ingenious person promptly develops an egg white substitute.
14) #1 Cooking secret/tip? Read the recipe reviews. Ten people saying the same thing won’t do you wrong.
15) Best music to cook by? ‘70s funk has never let me down in the kitchen.
16) Three people you'd most like to have dinner with? Everyone from VegWeb. They’re amazing cooks and conversationalists. My greedy taste buds and stomach refuse to limit myself to three. Maybe three at a time to spread out the awsomeness, but one great big party is a tempting thought.
17) All time favorite restaurant? The Veggie Grill. It’s an American-fare veggie fast food chain (and the most recent VegNews’ Editors’ Pick for Best Restaurant of the Year).
18) French fries or ice cream? I scream for ice cream! Especially the coconut milk blends.
19) Soy milk, rice milk, almond milk? Unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I’ve corrupted omni conviction with it.
20) Tempeh, tofu or seitan? I’ve got to go with the pinch hitter, tofu.
Thanks again, HH! I'm now in the process of picking next week's Superstar VegWebber...be careful, it could be YOU!
congrats! you deserve it!
Double h rules hard! Highfive!
HH really is a SUPERSTAR!! Yay, we love you hh <3
HH, I really enjoy your posts!
:w00t!: Yayy HH!!!!!! :)>>>
I love reading these questions!!!
woohoo, I really do love this feature.
Yah, HH : )
HH!!!!! YOU'RE A STAR!!!!!!!
you are also very awesome, and one of my favorite people ever to live in my computer. <3
i loled at your big bread story! awesome.
go HH, it's your bd.
i would like to comment that HH has, at times, come across over the years as though she fails at cooking. but i've eaten several things she has made and she doesn't give herself the credit she should!
btw DR wants you to "stay with us" when you are on the other coast next summer. we'll go with cams and get some vegan pizza :D
It feels weird being a person of the week, but since there are 52 weeks in a year, we'll all be it sometime. (hells yeah, bp!)
Quote from: Webmistress Laura on July 08, 2009, 05:08:44 PM
I especially love the M*A*S*H trivia and feel strangely tempted to test that one out!
Bring it! It's only fair to let you know that I have the complete series on dvd and the M*A*S*H Golden Trivia game at my desk at work next to a bottle of grape Nehi. Although yabbit could own me playing the game. She remembers lots of details and quotes from movies and TV shows.
My personal favourite VW'er.
My personal favourite VW'er.
70's funk in the kitchen is what's up. ESPECIALLY cooking brunch.
HH is the bomb.
HH is the best! *lots o love to HH*
Awesome. I've had a crush on HH for years. :)>>>
Hell yeah! HH freaking rocks my world! So happy to see you spotlighted!!!!