Bacon Cheddar Mushroom Cheeseburger Pie
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 yellow onion, diced
2 potatoes, cubed
1/4 cup mushrooms
3 strips vegan bacon, chopped
1 cup vegan ground beef crumbles
1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained with liquid set aside
5 dashes liquid smoke
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
1 cup vegan cheddar cheese
2 cups flour
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1/3 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons vegan margarine
1 cup non-dairy milk
1 egg equivalent, prepared
1. Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and potatoes; cook until onions are soft and translucent.
2. Add mushrooms; cook until soft. Add the bacon; cook until warm. Stir in crumbles; cook until throroughly warm.
3. Add tomatoes with 1/4 of the saved liquid from the can and liquid smoke; stir to distribute evently. Stir in seasoning (chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, mustard powder, onion powder, and sweet paprika).
4. Turn off heat and sprinkle with cheese.
4. In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Add margarine; distribute thoroughly until dough forms a crumbly consisteny.
5. In a mixing bowl, place 1/2 cup of dough. (Set aside the remaining dough. It may be refrigerated for up to 3 onths and used to make biscuits.) To the bowl, add milk and egg replacer; mix until well combined. Add additional dough if needed for adequate thickening.
6. Cover skillet ingredients with dough.
7 Place skillet, uncovered, in 350 degree F oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Serve with ketchup and enjoy!