pizza dough for one pizza (can be homemade or store bought)
1 cup kale
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1-1/2 cups mashed potatoes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 (95-gram) Yves Italian sausage, thinly sliced
3/4 cup sauerkraut
1/4 cup shredded chedder soy cheese
1. Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F. Roll out your pizza dough on to a pizza pan and put it in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until it’s lightly golden brown.
2. Meanwhile saute the kale and garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for about 5 minutes or until tender. Add kale and garlic mixture to mashed potatoes along with salt and pepper.
3. Saute "sausage" in 1 tablespoon olive oil until they begin to brown.
4. Remove the pizza crust from the oven and layer on the mashed potatoes with kale, sauerkraut, sausage, and soy cheese.
5. Put back into the oven for 5 to 7 minutes until everything gets warmed through, then broil for 1 to 2 minutes until the soy cheese melts. Slice and enjoy!
Source of recipe: This recipe is a veganized version of a recipe I saw in my mom’s Taste of Home magazine. The original recipe was submitted by Angela Spengler.