Macaroni and Cheese
8 oz / 225g macaroni pasta
1 onion, minced finely
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup / 240ml vegan cheddar cheese
2 cups / 500ml soy milk
1 teaspoon mustard
1. Cook the macaroni pasta for about 10 minutes in boiling salted water. When ready. the pasta should be firm to the bite or Al Dente
2. Drain the pasta and place in a large bowl with a tablespoon of olive oil to prevent the pasta sticking together.
3. Preheat the oven to 375F/190C
4. Fry the onion in a little olive oil until clear, about 5 minutes. Add the flour and cook for an additional minute. 5. Reduce the heat to low and add in the soy milk while stirring. Let the mixture thicken for two minutes.
6. Add the mustard to the sauce along with a pinch of salt and pepper.
7. Pour the sauce over the pasta in the bowl and add half of the vegan cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted.
8. Pour the macaroni into an oiled casserole dish and top with the remaining vegan cheese. Bake for approx. 25.