Macaroni & Cheese
pasta (I use macaroni noodles)
3 tablespoons margarine ( I use Earth Balance)
3 tablespoons flour (I used all purpose)
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup non-dairy milk ( I use Plain Silk)
1 cup grated vegan cheese ( I use Follow your Heart vegan gourmet cheddar)
1. In a large pot of water, boil your pasta.
2. In a medium-large saucepan on medium-high heat, melt your margarine. Once the margarine is melted, remove from the heat but do not turn off the heat.
3. Whisk in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth.
4. Place pan back on burner and slowly add 1/2 cup milk, mixing until it begins to thicken. Once thick, repeat the step with the next 1/2 cup milk. Add cheese and cook until the clumps are gone (very liquid-like)(smooth).
5. Drain noodles from pot, rinse, and return to pot, adding cheese. Serve immediately, as the cheese will begin to solidify as it cools. weird but delicious. Enjoy!!!!
Source of recipe: This recipe was inspired by "Claire's Macaroni & Cheeze" Recipe from La Dolce Vegan! by Sarah Kramer